For over a year I have been sharing my recipes with RawGuru– a wonderful website dedicated to helping people find health and sustenance through eating a raw food diet. It’s an awesome site and for anyone from raw-curious to strictly raw it’s worth spending some time checking it out.
I was trilled when, a couple of weeks ago, I was asked to test out their new product, Rawmio. Rawmio is a brand founded on the idea of using only the best, sustainable ingredients for a superior product with high nutritious impact. As of now Rawmio carries chocolate nut butters, chocolate bark, and chocolate truffle cakes, all 100% raw and organic.
If you follow me on instagram you may know I spent the last 9 days in the midwest. After a very long flight (don’t ever air travel with your toddler in your third trimester of pregnancy) my day was made a little brighter when upon returning home I found a box filled with sweet, chocolate nut spreads waiting to be taste-tested.
I wasted no time. Before the suitcases had been unpacked and the mail had been sorted, I had created Rawmio fudge.
Raw Salted Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge, to be exact.
For this recipe I used the Rawmio Hazelnut Silk, which added amazing texture and taste. Because the Hazelnut Silk is sweetened with coconut sugar, I added just a few dates to the fudge, making this fudge not only delicious but healthy – made with only whole, healthful ingredients.
Rawmio’s spreads are versatile and out-of-this-world good. They could be easily subbed, with minor adjustments, into most raw recipes (in place of other nut butters). But the best part, you don’t have to be a chef to love Rawmio. I know first hand that Rawmio nut butters can be enjoyed just as well spread onto a banana, a piece of toast, or straight from the jar.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 5-6 large medjool dates, pitted and soaked 10-20 minutes
- 2 tbsp of water, as needed
- 1/2 cup Rawmio Hazelnut Silk Spread
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt + more for finishing
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Drain and rinse the cashews and dates.
- In a high-powered blender (i.e. Vita-Mix) or food processor blend together cashews, dates, and water (if needed) until it forms a smooth paste. Add Rawmio Hazelnut Silk Spread and blend again until well combined.
- Transfer paste to a small bowl and add cacao powder, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix to combine. Fold in chopped hazelnuts.
- Spoon the fudge into a parchment lined 9x4 loaf pan, flattening the top. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours, until frozen.
- Remove and cut into small squares. Sprinkle with fancy salt (I used crushed Himalayan) and serve.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Have you tried Rawmio products yet?
Next on my list to try: Raw Hazelnut and Fig Chocolate Bark
You may also like: