I think it’s about time to switch things up around here.
For the past month I have been bringing you all sorts of healthy recipes from smoothie bowls to burrito bowls and everything in between. I have been keeping y’all up to speed with my 30 day cleanse and sharing my whole foods lunches and dinners on Instagram and Facebook. I even found a way to sneak in a healthy dessert to change things up a little. But apparently there is this big game coming up and apparently people like to celebrate it by gathering together and eating a different kind of food. Protein bars and shredded salads just aren’t going to cut it any more.
So today I bring the bread. And the soy. And one delicious Super Bowl appetizer.
Did you know that the Super Bowl is second only to Thanksgiving as the biggest food holiday in the United States?
Perhaps, despite my complete disinterest and lack of understanding of football, this is why Super Bowl Sunday is something I always look forward to with tons excitement. Nothing will get me to a party like the promise of lots and lots of food. Unfortunately traditionally the Super Bowl (similar to Thanksgiving) is a very vegan un-friendly holiday. So unless you have a large community of vegan friends who also like to eat (which is every vegan), you’re gonna be relying on yourself to provide delicious, game day food.
Later this week I’ll be sharing a round-up of 50 vegan Super Bowl recipes to make sure you’re covered for the big game but I’m not the only one who’s looking out for you. Check out some of these other fantastic round-ups:
And in the meantime, I recommend you make a batch of these BLT Bruschetta. So easy to make and deliciously fresh and creamy, these little appetizers are sure to impress everyone making them a perfect addition to your game day menu.
- 1 mini french baguette
- 1 package tempeh bacon (or mushroom bacon)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of lettuce
- vegan mayonnaise (I used Just Mayo)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Thinly slice the baguette into ½" slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes until the bread has a slight crunch. Remove from oven.
- Heat the tempeh bacon according to package directions (or follow these directions to make mushroom bacon)
- Mix together the mayonnaise and garlic (if usings) and spread a thin layer onto each baguette slice. Top with lettuce, bacon, and tomatoes. Serve the same day.
you might also like: