Today’s post is sponsored by Sprout Living. As always, the opinions expressed are 100% my own.
As far as I’m concerned January is the month of healthy eating. And February, that’s the month for eating chocolate. And so I wrap up my 30 day cleanse (more on that later this week) and head right into all things Valentine’s.
But the thing is, I liked my clean eating habits. I loved the calming effects on my mind and fueling effects on my body. The amount of energy levels I have had, despite my child who doesn’t sleep, amazed me. And so I’ve decided I don’t really want to give all that goodness up. Don’t worry, I still believe there is a time and place for decadence. But I also believe decadence and health do not have to be at odds. In fact, today I’m here to tell you, you can have your cake and eat it, too. Or rather, you can have your chocolate truffles and they can be filled with amazing, life-giving ingredients that make you feel totally awesome, too.
One of the best parts about being a food blogger is getting the chance to partner with some of the most amazing companies around. This month I have the wonderful opportunity to work with Sprout Living. For those of you who don’t know, Sprout Living is a company dedicated to health and wellness through their delicious vegan protein powders. Sprout Living recognizes that what we put in our body directly impacts, well, everything and so they are committed to using only the purest, nutrient-rich ingredient sourced in a way that is good for the the earth and blended in a way that is good for you. Sprout Living products are always:
- nut, soy & gluten-free
- and made entirely with whole foods
Check out the complete list of the ingredients they use and how they are sourced and selected here.
This past week I’ve had the chance to sample a variety of Sprout Living’s Vegan Protein Powders and I was impressed. One serving of these protein powders has between 19 and 26 grams of protein (depending on the flavor), a complete amino acids profile, and are filled with a number of essential whole superfoods. Oh, and did I mention they are delicious. In fact, to quote my husband, “this is the best protein powder I have ever had“.
The Epic Protein Powders come in four flavors
- Vanilla Lucuma
- Chocolate Maca
- Green Kingdom
And can be used in a variety of ways such as: smoothies, protein bars, and even chocolate truffles.
Besides the Epic Protein Powders, Sprout Living offers a variety of other superfood powders all created to “supply the body with a raw source of plant protein and nutrients essential for a healthy and fit lifestyle”.
And I believe they’ve accomplished just that.
Thanks to Sprout Living’s Chocolate Maca protein powder (amazing!), these truffles prove that delicious and healthy can go hand-in-hand. Love yourself this Valentine’s and make yourself a batch of these raw, nutrient-packed chocolate bites today.
But before you go, make sure to enter into the giveaway below hosted by the generous people over at Sprout Living for a chance to win some of their amazing products, including my favorite, the Chocolate Maca protein powder.
- ½ cup cashews, soaked 2-4 hours
- ½ cup walnuts, soaked 2-4 hours
- 8 large medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Sprout Living Chocolate Maca Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- about 2 tablespoon cacao powder, for dusting
- Drain and rinse the cashews and walnuts and transfer them to a food processor along with the dates. Process until well incorporated.
- With the motor running, slowly add the melted coconut oil. Blend again until very smooth.
- Add the Chocolate Maca protein powder and puree until completely incorporated. Add cacao nibs and pulse a few times until mixed together.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for one hour until the truffle dough is hard enough to roll into balls.
- Roll into balls about 1 tablespoon in size, coat in cacao powder, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.